Saturday, January 3, 2009

My first blog

Hi,
My name is Ilene and I live in South Carolina. I have enjoyed reading blogs that interest me. I have learned alot about fiber animals from reading blogs. I have been trying to get a small fiber farm going for some time now. It started when I purchased some laying hens and roosters. I loved watching the baby chicks grow. I raise them for their delicious and healthy eggs. I also have a love for animals, especially furry ones. Next came the pair of nigerian dwarf goats. They now have 4 daughters that share the farm with them. I plan to get an angora goat to breed with the girls to produce some fiber/milk goats. Then came 3 sheep. I loved my sheep but after a few years of shearing them I realized they were too much for me to handle. I decided I needed something smaller and softer. Then came the angora rabbits. I have french angora rabbits that I have just started breeding. I have 2 english angora does that I hope to soon get a buck for. I also have a pair of german angora crossed rabbits that I will soon breed.

No comments: